Join us for Dan Steingart’s class on batteries. He’s a battery researcher at City College and is giving a free class about batteries at NYC Resistor this Wednesday, 8/18 7-9pm. Here’s how he describes it:
You’d like to sever that USB cable and let your device into the wild, but how will it survive? On batteries, of course! But before you let your little one go, spend a little time at Resistor and learn exactly what is going on inside the battery and how to make the best of it.
– What voltage really represents
– Why batteries are not getting much lighter
– How to maximize cycle life
– When to use primary vs. secondary cells
– Why batteries heat up
– Why batteries stop retaining charge
– How to mate batteries with energy harvesting devices
– What a battery looks like on the inside
Please bring questions!
Dan Steingart, PhD
Department of Chemical Engineering
City College of New York