Tickets on Eventbrite for this Saturday, April 29 · 3 – 6pm EDT class
Harness the power of an Epilog 60 Watt Laser! In this class you’ll learn everything you need to know to make the ideas in your head become a reality with a laser.
In this three hour class, you will learn:
- How to set up a file for cutting on the laser cutter in Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator.
- Laser cutter safety including materials testing.
- Laser cutter operation including configuration, cuts and raster etching in common materials like wood, acrylic, cardboard and others.
At the end of class, you will go home with:
- One laser cut project, either the class default or a simple one of your own design (see below for details)
- Resistor Laser Certification, enabling you to use our laser on Craft Nights.
Please bring the following to class:
A laptop with either Inkscape (free: download here: https://inkscape.org/release/inkscape-1.2.1/) or Adobe Illustrator installed.
A USB jump drive
The following items are optional if you’d like to try cutting a simple custom design. If your file ends up being too complicated, we may have you do the class default project first, just to learn the laser in the time allotted – but we’ll definitely help you with your more complex cut at a free Craft Night in future!
- An SVG vector file of a simple shape you’d like to cut for your first cut.
- A piece of 1/8 inch or thinner wood, acrylic or cardboard you’d like to cut. If you can’t bring your own material, small pieces will be made available, or larger pieces for purchase on site.
Please be on time for the start of class! If you’re late you will miss your slot.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.