Get $2,000 USD for your open source hardware project! Check out the post on the Open Hardware Summit!
Do you have the next big Open Hardware idea, but just don’t have the funds for it?
The Open Hardware Summit (OHS) is announcing its first Open Hardware scholarship this year! The purpose of the OHS scholarship is to support emerging artists/inventors and developers by providing funding for works that are released as Open Source Hardware. Granting these funds is an opportunity to draw attention to the Open Source Hardware movement, to give back to the DIY community, and to give you the chance to join a growing roster of gamechangers in Open Source Hardware history. If you have a project that is in the spirit of the OHS and supports the OHSW definition, we welcome your submissions.
Upwards of $2000 will be awarded. The scholarship is made available by the generous individuals and sponsors who have made the Open Hardware Summit possible.
The winner will be chosen by the public. All projects will be viewable online and votes will be collected during the week of the summit. People will be able to vote on their favorite project remotely or onsite. A check will be presented to the winning artist/group at the conclusion of OHS on September 15th at the New York Hall of Science
1. upload a 30 second (maximum) video clip to youtube that showcases the concept of your project. The title of the video MUST be the title of the work
2. include a short paragraph in the description of the video. Your description must start with the following sentence, and go on to explain your project in less than 500 characters.
“The following project is a submission to the Open Hardware Scholarship awarded by the Open Hardware Summit 2011.
Project title: …
3. email the following information to email@example.com :
- name of artist/collaborative group
- email address
- place of resident (city, state/province, country)
- title of project
- summary of project (500 characters max)
- URL of video clip
- URL of project site that includes your application of the OSHW Definition (optional)
For submissions is 12:01am, September 14th EST. NO EXCEPTIONS
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Open Hardware Summit 2011