This is by far one of the more interesting things I’ve come across in the past few days; the Gainer PSoC Development Board. It’s open source hardware and it is programmable in Flash, MAX/MSP and Processing. This is from the site:
Gainer is an environment for user interfaces and media installations. By using the Gainer environment, the user can handle sensors and/or actuators with a PC on various programming environments such as Flash, Max/MSP, Processing and so on. The basic concepts are:
- The user can use it for creative work from prototype stage to final output stage.
- Using a breadboard allows the user to learn by mistake.
- The user can build their own I/O module from components.
- The user can choose a configuration from various configurations (software and hardware).
- Open source software and hardware.
It’s freshly out the gate and available from SparkFun for the same price as our friend the Arduino. Looks very promising, especially when you factor in the Flash environment. We’ll have to get a couple and try them out.